So the outside of the house is mostly.... done. The inside is just beginning. Here are my top 5 items I've learned from this endeavor so far...
Item 1: paint fades. I noticed this when I put "Lavender Bubble" (the original color) on the new east wall of the sewing room. Whoah! We don't match! Now what? Now I get to paint all four walls of the room. Oh yeah, and the ceiling too for good measure...
Item 2: measurements never really work. Okay, so I measured and measured and MEASURED. Then I graphed, graphed, graphed and came up with several floor 'plans' to choose from. But then, once you move the new and old furniture in together.... something doesn't add up. Hum... oh yeah, didn't account for the base and 1/4 round moulding. Oh...
Item 3: large shelving units are... LARGE. And heavy. They also get heavier when you have to haul them up a flight of stairs...
Item 4: Hammers still make dents in hardwood floors when you drop them.
And Item 5: There is NOTHING like the feeling of accomplishment you get from donating boxes of fabric to sewing charity groups. The best! Try it sometime!
No comments:
Post a Comment